When I shop for Christmas presents, I usually go for a mix of store-bought and locally made gifts. I love buying handmade products I know my family will love and introducing them to a local artist or maker at the same time. That’s why it’s been so rad having Makers Mart these last few years in Sacramento. A wide array of Sac’s makers gather in one place and sell their wares – from macrame planters to beautiful bath products to hand-painted ceramics, there’s something for everyone on your list. Makers Mart may have come and gone, but you can still discover and shop/order some amazing artisanal products, whether or not you live in the Sacramento area. Plus, some of them offer free shipping!
Here are some of my favorite crafters you can check out for gifts or just become a year-round fan of:
- Fig & Moss: Wildcrafted skincare products made in carefully curated small batches.
- Shop Bitte: Small batch children’s toys and clothing. Style is modern and refined.
- Pickle Pottery: Handmade ceramics made in Nevada City.
- Electric Sun Creatives: Geometric brass wall hangings and mobiles for adults and babies alike.
- Tusk & Cardinal: Hand embroidery with both rustic and modern designs. Perfect addition to a gallery wall.
- Meg A. Meyers Designs: Recycled glass sculpture, terrariums, wall hangings.
- Trent Dean Designs: Custom modern furniture. Sleek, minimal, perfect for striking the balance between masculine and feminine.
- Urb Apothecary: California made, plant centered organic body care for your mind, body, and spirit.
- Brown Pigeon: Hand-carved rubber stamps with cute illustrations. Custom logos too!
- Anahata Rae: Jewelry for the soul. Think crystals and stones in all different forms and variations.
- Its Knot Love: Macrame, fiber art and vintage decor.